The GeoServer team is happy to announce the release of GeoServer 2.1.3, now available for download.
For the most part this is a maintainance release consisting of bug fixes, but as usual a few new features and improvements have managed to creep in. A total of 59 issues were resolved for this release. Some of the new and noteworthy include:
- basic http authentication with cascaded WMS servers
- WMS 1.3 support in the layer preview
- transparent sorting for all data stores, not only those backed by a database
- embedded OpenLayers upgraded to 2.11
- a number of INSPIRE compliance improvements
- support for asynchronous WPS processes
And more. Check out the change log for the entire list. A big thank you to everyone who contributed patches for this release. This includes:
- Tony Young for a monitoring patch to include support for the “user-agent” header (GEOS-4872)
- Tony Young again for a restconfig patch to properly calculate grid dimensions for coverages (GEOS-4753)
- Rudi Hochmeister for a documentation patch providing an installation guide for Debian Linux (GEOS-4752)
- Frank Gasdorf for a completed German translation (GEOS-4294)
Contributions such as these are what keeps GeoServer moving forward. And thanks to all those who helped out by filing bug reports.
Thanks for using GeoServer!