The GeoServer team is pleased to announce the final release of GeoServer 2.4.0. Some great final bug fixes reported from 2.4-RC2 made it into this release. Check out the change log for the details. More Information about the new and noteworthy of the GeoServer 2.4 series can be found here.
Its worth to announce that GeoServer is available in for more languages: Spanish, French, Polish and Romanian. Many thanks to Jorge Sanz, Alexandre Gacon, Jaros?aw P?kal and Sorin C?linic? for their contributions. Again, feel free to join a translation team and review existing translations at Transifex.
A special thank you to those who helped test all the beta and release candidates.
About the GeoServer 2.4 series
The following change control requests were completed during the development of GeoServer 2.4:
- Replace old KML module with new one (GSIP 98)
- Allow plugins to modify WMS MapContent before map rendering (GSIP 92)
- Machinery to pass thread locals down in thread pools (GSIP 96, fixes WPS asych requests security issues) – also available in 2.3.4
- Promote CSS Styling module from Community to Extension (GSIP 97) – also available in 2.3.2
- Graduate the INSPIRE module to extension status (GSIP 94) – also available in 2.3.2
- Promote XSLT community module to extension (GSIP 93) – also available in 2.3.1
- The shapefile datastore was completely rewritten (mostly as a code cleanup)
Articles and blogs during GeoServer 2.4 development:
- GeoServer in a clustered configuration (Part 1, Part 2)
- New GeoServer community on Google+
- How to publish GDAL/MrSID image formats on a production GeoServer
- GeoServer crunch time (Part I, Part II and Part III)
- FOSS4G-NA slides (GeoServer In Production, GeoServer CSS Module, Scripting GeoServer with GeoScript, The State of GeoServer 2013)
- INSPIRE Conference 2013 slides (Analysing GeoServer compatibility with INSPIRE requirements)
- FOSSGIS 2013 slides (Introduction to GeoServer)