This release is made by Kevin Smith (Boundless) in conjunction with GeoWebCache 1.8-RC1 and GeoTools14-RC1.
This is a release candidate for final testing before we release 2.8.0.
Fixes since beta:
- The WPS Download process cannot use output formats plugged via a factory
- Remove remaining codehaus repo references
- WFS SHAPE-ZIP output does not always honor field length restrictions
For more information see 2.8-RC1 release notes.
About GeoServer 2.8
GeoServer 2.8 is scheduled for September release. For more information:
- XEE Vunerability (GeoServer)
- Z ordering features within and across feature types and layers (User Manual)
- JAI-Ext, the Open Source replacement for Oracle JAI (GeoSolutions)
- Customizable arrow in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
- PostGIS Curve Support (GeoSolutions)
- Improved NetCDF/GRIB support in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
GeoServer Community modules provide an area for ideas and experimentation:
- WCS and WPS output formats based on gdal_translate to provide a greater range of output formats
- Embedded GeoFence server, REST API and GUI is the result of a productive collaboration between GeoSolutions and Boundless offering greater rule-based control of GeoServer security
- MongoDB DataStore enabling GeoServer to publish from this popular JSON based document database (no zip packaging, needs volunteer)
Community modules should be considered a work-in-progress and are subject to quality assurance, documentation IP checks and a maintainer before being considered ready for release.