GeoServer 2.8.2 is the latest stable release of GeoServer and is recommended for production deployment. This release is made in conjunction with GeoTools 14.2. Thanks to all contributors. Fixes and new functionality include:
- Multiple improvements to Geofence UI.
- Various concurrency and thread-safety fixes.
- WPS and Storied Queries hardening.
About GeoServer 2.8
Articles, blog posts and presentations:
- State of GeoServer 2015 (FOSS4G)
- XEE Vunerability (GeoServer)
- Remote Execution Vulnerability (GeoServer)
- Z ordering features within and across feature types and layers (User Manual)
- JAI-Ext, the Open Source replacement for Oracle JAI (GeoSolutions)
- Customizable arrow in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
- PostGIS Curve Support (GeoSolutions)
- Improved NetCDF/GRIB support in GeoServer (GeoSolutions)
- Initial GeoServer 2.8.0 release announcement (GeoServer)