Save the Date: The next GeoServer “Bug Stomp” is scheduled for Nov 18th!
If you would like to take part, but are new to open source development, please join the GeoServer-Devel email list and introduce yourself. We would like to ensure everyone shows up with a working test/development environment – and access to the “gitter” chat. Getting setup before the event gives everyone a chance to work as a team.
Please join us on Friday November 18th, all skill levels welcome. Open source is not a spectator sport.
About GeoServer Bug Stomp
GeoServer is hosting monthly “Bug Stomps”, giving the developer community a chance to focus on the health of the project, tackle difficult problems and introduce new developers to the team.
In October we have 117 issues closed – with 17 of those marked as fixed.
- The REST API for services displays boolean yes/no settings correctly
- The generated style for rasters was fixed
- LayerGroups were appearing more than once in GetCapabilities document
- Stye Editor editors shown when submit button pressed
- KML timestamp date / month swapped
- Work on the Windows installer, you can now set up the jetty service to use port 80
- Vector Tiles graduated from community to an official extension
- Moving all “Bug Stomp” organization to the issue tracker (previously we were using a spreadsheet to short list items that were ready to be worked on).
The community modules also got some love:
We understand that it can be very difficult to balance customers deadlines and open source responsibilities. We would like to thank GeoSolutions, Boundless and Transient for their monthly commitment. If your organization is interested in taking part, and being recognized in these blog posts, contact a PSC member for details.