This is a beta release of GeoServer made in conjunction with GeoTools 16-beta.
The GeoServer Team has been hard at work to bring you this beta release.
Here is our priorities for testing:
- Updated GeoServer Style Editor
- Module Status REST endpoint
- CSS Extension – Nested rule and rendering transform support
We one crititcal known issues to keep in mind when testing:
- GEOS-7750 – The WMS and LegendSample beans used in GeoServerTileLayer may provoke a cyclic dependency when Spring beans are loaded. As a consequence tiled layers may not be loaded and are deleted by GWC integration. Please back up your data and configuration before testing the GeoServer 2.10-beta with data you care about.
Highlights from the release notes:
- Add CSS nested rule support
- Add CSS rendering transform support
- Add WMTS multi dimensional community module
- Add WCS 2.0 Demo Requests
- OL3 Preview in tiled mode supports map wrapping
- Make JDBCStore compatible with HazelCast Clustering
- Changes to WMS GetFeatureInfo for coverages:
- Band names now presented in responses as NCNames for all info_formats (spaces and leading digits replaced with underscores)
- Support for continuous map wrapping for latitude/longitude projections
- Support for coverages with native latitude/longitude coordinates and longitudes > 180 degrees East
Also, looking at the GeoTools 16-M0 release notes, we have:
- Support Azimuthal Equidistant projection
- Implement Vladimir’s Polygon label point algorithim
- GeoPackage can write to boolean fields
For more information about the what is included in the GeoServer 2.10 release, also refer to the GeoServer 2.10-M0 release anouncement.
About GeoServer 2.10
GeoServer 2.10 is scheduled for October release.